Data from a late stage trial showed that patients on Alkermes’ drug had a mean weight gain of 4.21 percent after six months, compared with an average gain of 6.59 percent in patients receiving olanzapine, the most commonly used antipsychotic drug.
Alkermes schizophrenia drug keeps weight gain side effect in check
More from Industry NewsMore posts in Industry News »
- WHO chief discusses Covaxin, resumption of AstraZeneca vaccine supplies to COVAX facility with Health Minister Mandaviya
- AstraZeneca launches Clinical Data and Insights division in India
- India’s 1 billion vaccines milestone hides a worrying disparity
- WHO-led programme aims to buy antiviral COVID-19 pills for $10
- Shortage of key TB drug stress patients; activists urge govt to issue compulsory license