Maquet Datascope Corp. is recalling the IABP due to a design issue that allows fluid (such as saline) to seep into the device. The fluid can cause corrosion of internal components such as the electronic circuit boards, and lead to device malfunction (e.g., sudden stops) which can cause a delay or interruption in therapy. Device failure may result in immediate and serious adverse health consequences, including death.
CARDIOSAVE Hybrid Intra-aortic Balloon Pump by Maquet Datascope Corp.: Class I Recall – Due to Fluid Ingress that May Affect Device Operation and Interrupt or Delay Therapy
More from FDA News AlertsMore posts in FDA News Alerts »
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: 10/15/21
- FDA Awards 11 Grants to Clinical Trials to Develop New Medical Products for Rare Disease Treatments
- FDA to Hold Advisory Committee Meeting to Discuss Merck and Ridgeback’s EUA Application for COVID-19 Oral Treatment
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntarily Nationwide Recall of All Irbesartan Tablets and Irbesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets Due to Potential Presence of N-nitrosoirbesartan Impurity
- Abbott Molecular, Inc. Recalls Alinity m SARS-CoV-2 AMP Kit and Alinity m Resp-4-Plex AMP Kit for Potential False Positive SARS-CoV-2 Test Results