The FDA approved Daurismo (glasdegib) tablets to be used in combination with low-dose cytarabine (LDAC), a type of chemotherapy, for the treatment of newly-diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in adults who are 75 years of age or older or who have other chronic health conditions or diseases (comorbidities) that may preclude the use of intensive chemotherapy.
FDA approves new treatment for patients with acute myeloid leukemia
More from FDA News AlertsMore posts in FDA News Alerts »
- FDA In Brief: FDA Makes Progress on Efforts to Understand Presence of Asbestos in Cosmetic Products
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: October 22, 2021
- Federal Judge Enters Consent Decree with Utah-based Dietary Supplement Manufacturer
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Takes Additional Actions on the Use of a Booster Dose for COVID-19 Vaccines
- FDA In Brief: FDA Announces Investigation of Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Whole, Fresh Onions