Requiring a new warning about this risk to be added to the prescribing information of all SGLT2 inhibitors and to the patient Medication Guide.
SGLT2(sodium-glucose cotransporter-2) Inhibitors for Diabetes: Drug Safety Communication – Regarding Rare Occurrences of a Serious Infection of the Genital Area
More from FDA News AlertsMore posts in FDA News Alerts »
- FDA In Brief: FDA Makes Progress on Efforts to Understand Presence of Asbestos in Cosmetic Products
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: October 22, 2021
- Federal Judge Enters Consent Decree with Utah-based Dietary Supplement Manufacturer
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Takes Additional Actions on the Use of a Booster Dose for COVID-19 Vaccines
- FDA In Brief: FDA Announces Investigation of Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Whole, Fresh Onions