FDA provides updates on two elements in medical device safety action plan: modernizing 510(k) program and new process for establishing special controls.
Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D. and Jeff Shuren, M.D., Director of the Center for Devices and Radiological Health, on transformative new steps to modernize FDA’s 510(k) program to advance the review of the safety and effectiveness of medical devices
More from FDA News AlertsMore posts in FDA News Alerts »
- FDA In Brief: FDA Makes Progress on Efforts to Understand Presence of Asbestos in Cosmetic Products
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: October 22, 2021
- Federal Judge Enters Consent Decree with Utah-based Dietary Supplement Manufacturer
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Takes Additional Actions on the Use of a Booster Dose for COVID-19 Vaccines
- FDA In Brief: FDA Announces Investigation of Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Whole, Fresh Onions