The FDA is committed to the expanded access program which provides a pathway for patients to gain access to investigational drugs, biologics and medical devices for serious diseases and life-threatening conditions outside of clinical trials when no comparable or satisfactory approved alternative therapy options are available.
Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., on new efforts to strengthen FDA’s expanded access program
More from FDA News AlertsMore posts in FDA News Alerts »
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: 10/15/21
- FDA Awards 11 Grants to Clinical Trials to Develop New Medical Products for Rare Disease Treatments
- FDA to Hold Advisory Committee Meeting to Discuss Merck and Ridgeback’s EUA Application for COVID-19 Oral Treatment
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntarily Nationwide Recall of All Irbesartan Tablets and Irbesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets Due to Potential Presence of N-nitrosoirbesartan Impurity
- Abbott Molecular, Inc. Recalls Alinity m SARS-CoV-2 AMP Kit and Alinity m Resp-4-Plex AMP Kit for Potential False Positive SARS-CoV-2 Test Results