Vipin Mishra, a former accountant with Ind Swift, was arrested on September 12. Police said the company was supposed to pay Rs 5.9 crore VAT for a period of six months in 2011, but paid only Rs 5,000 and produced a forged receipt before a VAT tribunal.
VAT scam: Pharmaceutical firm vice-chairman in judicial custody
More from Industry NewsMore posts in Industry News »
- Serum Institute could export 20-30 million vaccine doses a month to COVAX: Adar Poonawalla
- Pfizer booster shot 95.6 pc effective against Covid-19
- Novartis extends deal to make Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines
- WHO chief discusses Covaxin, resumption of AstraZeneca vaccine supplies to COVAX facility with Health Minister Mandaviya
- AstraZeneca launches Clinical Data and Insights division in India