Raw materials from China are used in making antibiotics, paracetamol, and diabetes and cardiovascular drugs, among others. Companies including Lupin, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Glenmark, Mankind, Dr Reddy’s, Torrent, Aurobindo Pharma and Abbott are hugely dependent on Chinese imports.
Coronavirus pandemic threatens to cut pharmaceutical industry’s lifeline
More from Industry NewsMore posts in Industry News »
- StayHappi pharmacy enters Assam with 70 stores
- Mumbai: Larger ITAT bench to rule on pharma freebies
- India to procure over 30 crore Covid-19 vaccine doses per month by January: Government sources
- Drug companies eye mRNA technology for flu shots
- Pharma Corporation Haffkine’s rollout of Covaxin not likely till May