(Reuters Health) – In spite of protections baked into the Affordable Care Act, women who have health insurance through their employer may pay thousands of dollars out of pocket to have a baby in the United States, researchers reported this week.
Even for insured women, having a baby in the U.S. is costly
More from Pharma NewsMore posts in Pharma News »
- Brazil coronavirus deaths climb to 46,510, cases near 1 million
- Requiring masks ‘political hazard’ as COVID-19 surges in California breadbasket
- Mothers as ‘trauma surgeons:’ the anguish of raising black boys in America
- Record spike in new coronavirus cases reported in six U.S. states as reopening accelerates
- Some Amazon villagers eschew drugs for COVID-19, take ‘toothache plant’ herbal tea