FDA approved Firdapse (amifampridine) tablets for the treatment of Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome (LEMS) in adults. LEMS is a rare autoimmune disorder. This is the first FDA approval of a treatment for LEMS.
FDA approves first treatment for Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome, a rare autoimmune disorder
More from FDA News AlertsMore posts in FDA News Alerts »
- FDA Expands Authorization of Two Monoclonal Antibodies for Treatment and Post-Exposure Prevention of COVID-19 to Younger Pediatric Patients, Including Newborns
- Arrow International Inc Recalls Arrow-Trerotola Over-The-Wire PTD Kit Percutaneous Thrombolytic Device: 7Fr, Due to Risk of Separation
- FDA Proposes Changes to Food Safety Modernization Act Rule to Enhance Safety of Agricultural Water Used on Produce
- Sandoz, Inc. Issues Nationwide Recall of One Lot of Enoxaparin Sodium Injection, USP 40mg/0.4 mL Due to Temperature Excursion During Shipping
- August 7, 2019 UPDATE: Treatment of Peripheral Arterial Disease with Paclitaxel-Coated Balloons and Paclitaxel-Eluting Stents Potentially Associated with Increased Mortality