FDA is warning that when the multiple sclerosis (MS) medicine Gilenya (fingolimod) is stopped, the disease can become much worse than before the medicine was started or while it was being taken. This MS worsening is rare but can result in permanent disability.
Gilenya (fingolimod): Drug Safety Communication – Severe Worsening of Multiple Sclerosis After Stopping the Medicine
More from FDA News AlertsMore posts in FDA News Alerts »
- FDA Expands Authorization of Two Monoclonal Antibodies for Treatment and Post-Exposure Prevention of COVID-19 to Younger Pediatric Patients, Including Newborns
- Arrow International Inc Recalls Arrow-Trerotola Over-The-Wire PTD Kit Percutaneous Thrombolytic Device: 7Fr, Due to Risk of Separation
- FDA Proposes Changes to Food Safety Modernization Act Rule to Enhance Safety of Agricultural Water Used on Produce
- Sandoz, Inc. Issues Nationwide Recall of One Lot of Enoxaparin Sodium Injection, USP 40mg/0.4 mL Due to Temperature Excursion During Shipping
- August 7, 2019 UPDATE: Treatment of Peripheral Arterial Disease with Paclitaxel-Coated Balloons and Paclitaxel-Eluting Stents Potentially Associated with Increased Mortality