The panel voted 27-0 against approval of the oral pill, NKTR-181, flagging concerns over the chances of misuse or abuse, the lack of data to determine the possible abuse when snorted or injected as well as the potential for liver toxicity.
U.S. FDA panel votes against approval of Nektar’s opioid painkiller
More from Industry NewsMore posts in Industry News »
- Serum Institute could export 20-30 million vaccine doses a month to COVAX: Adar Poonawalla
- Pfizer booster shot 95.6 pc effective against Covid-19
- Novartis extends deal to make Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines
- WHO chief discusses Covaxin, resumption of AstraZeneca vaccine supplies to COVAX facility with Health Minister Mandaviya
- AstraZeneca launches Clinical Data and Insights division in India