Unlike mature markets such as the US, where drug prices are market-controlled, here, the government and regulators play a pivotal role in the entire process. Regulators fix both the price companies pay for bulk drugs and the price at which they sell their products in the market, leaving little leeway to build profitable businesses.
What ails India’s pharmaceutical sector?
More from Industry NewsMore posts in Industry News »
- FDA panel endorses booster shot for J&J Covid-19 vaccine
- Intas launches the World’s first SB-100mg Itraconazole
- Second J&J COVID-19 shot gets expert backing; FDA is looking at lowering age for Pfizer booster
- StayHappi pharmacy enters Assam with 70 stores
- Mumbai: Larger ITAT bench to rule on pharma freebies